Monday, January 19, 2009

Tai Chi

I was told the other day by Alex that I need to get myself a hobby, seeing as how I have way to much free time on my hands. I started my search at Barnes and Noble, since they have books on practically everything you could imagine. One of the things that caught my eye was a book and dvd combo on tai chi. I bought it. I tried it. I think I just might love it.

It's an introduction to tai chi. And it goes over the stretching and warm up stuff to do and then gets into some of the moves. I'm not super coordinated or smooth and it gets a little tricky for me. But I think that once I get it all down, it'll be super relaxing and a lot of fun. I don't really know why tai chi, but I think it's gonna turn out to be a good pick.

I also got books on stretching, and body building. I figured those would come in handy to.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Let me know what you think. And, the name of the book, etc. I have thought about Tai Chi over the years. It's supposed to be something even old, out of shape, grandmas can do..... maybe this is the year.

jjp said...

I am reading a book about solar energy. After my current list of projects gets done, I might build my own solar panel, just to see what kind of power I get out of it...

Tommy said...

It's pretty relaxing. Other then that I don't know if there are any other benifits that I'm getting from it. The book and dvd set are called simply tai chi, I got it at barnes and noble for like $15. The dvd is really helpful. It goes through some stretches, warm ups, and then a quick starter routine. It's worth getting.