Friday, July 03, 2009

Academy Update

I am done!!!

I finished my PT and my Certification test this past Monday. It feels so good to be done. The written test had me a little worried for a bit. I originally got an 87% on it which was the second highest in the class, with about half the class failing. The next day the Captain told us that up to 32 questions were being thrown out because they were messed up or had the wrong answers to them, and if after the test was re-scored and we failed we would have to retake it again! Oh my that got my goat pretty bad. But thankfully after the test was scored again I ended up with a 93%, which just so happens to be tied with the highest score in the class. I'll be ok with that.

The PT was a cake as I expected it to be.
Standing Jump - 22 1/2 inches
Push ups - 32
Sit ups in a minute - 46
300 meter sprint - 50 seconds
1 1/2 mile run - 12:46 minutes

I feel really good about all that. Now all I have to do is find a job.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wish i could go to graduation! i'll be there in spirit

Tommy said...

I wish you could come to. But I do suppose a wedding is more important...