Friday, November 16, 2007

Danish or Muffin?

I love to eat. I really love to eat sweets. Which makes breakfast one of my favorite meals because it's the only one that you can get away with eating sweets and still be able to call it a meal.

Case in point, I opened my fridge this morning just before I went to bed and had quite a dilemma. I had to choose between a piece of raspberry danish or a jumbo chocolate chocolate chip muffin. Suffice it to say I had been up all night and my power of reasoning wasn't all that good. But on one side you have a tart and sweet pastry, that can be warmed up for extra goodness. On the other you have the all mighty lure of chocolate. I really just couldn't decide which I wanted more.

So as the danish was being heated, I ate the muffin. And that's when the thought occurred to me, how is this even a meal? There probably isn't to much actual nutrition in it, except for maybe the calories and carbs. It's really a treat that we've convinced ourselves could replace a proper meal. My solution, drink a glass of milk with it.

And oh yeah, who cares its only breakfast, and I'm gonna be sleeping for the next eight hours anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you came up with the perfect solution! Why choose when you don't have to?

Mom