Friday, November 09, 2007

I'm Rather Pissed

So, I want to move up to this house in Highland with Chris. It's his Uncle's house, and it's super nice. My current room mate Oz was going to move up there too. Now, for the last couple of months I was given a certain price for the rent. Then just today they decided to raise the price up $50 per person. Yeah it's only $50, and yeah the house is probably still worth way more then what we would be paying. The thing is we were told a price and that's what we were expecting to pay. You shouldn't just change it last minute and expect everything to be fine.

The original price was the max I was willing to pay to live somewhere. I don't need to pay tons of money for an apartment or anything. I'm not married, and I don't make a ton of money. I just wouldn't move into a place that costs that much. I've had to do a ton of crap to move up there. I had to change my schedule at work, because it will be an hour drive just to get there. I had to get someone to take over the apartment. I don't know what Missy will do if she can't move in. We just might be out of an apartment for awhile. Oz won't be able to afford it now, because he's being put onto part time at his work, not to mention the half hour drive it will take to get to work. And Oz's parents have put down a bit for him to move up there, not to mention looking at getting a bunch of furniture to put in there.

I can see where Chris and his Uncle are coming from, but I just think it's a load of bull that they would change the price at the last minute. Especially after everything that we had to do to be able to move in. If they had just said that price we would just have said no and that would have been the end of that, no problem. Now I'm just pissed. It's not just Oz and I are that's being affected either, it's a bunch of people. We won't move in at that price, he cant and I just wont. Its sad I really want to move in, but it sure pisses me off.

2 comments:

~ Amy said...

Oh, that's not very nice. I'd be mad too. You can come here if you want. No payment required. Just chores. Haha.... I'm serious.

Mom said...

I understand how this could set you off. You need to blow off at the right person though... I'm sure it was Don that decided he wasn't getting enough money. If you had a deal prior to him changing his mind, then go after him. Don't let this taint your friendship with Chris. I'm not so sure I would go into any kind of business relationship with Don.....