Wednesday, June 03, 2009

My First PD Testing

This past Monday I was invited to test with the Cedar City Police Department. The testing started at 6:30am, that kind of sucked. But I got my arse out of bed at 2am and drove down there. I passed all the physical stuff. Then we had to do a report on a video of a DUI arrest that we watched. I think I did pretty good on that one, I did write a 3 page report. Right after that we had an 80 question test to take. The test was kind of retarded. It was more of a what would you do test, then anything that really had to do with the law. I think I did fine on that. Around 2pm is when I had my oral interview. That I know I did freaking awesome at. It was a way relaxed interview. I was telling jokes and some funny stories, while at the same time answering all of their questions. They were at least laughing with me, it felt more like a bunch of friends talking around the table instead of an actual interview.

All in all, I felt like the day went pretty good. There were 30 other people that showed up for the job, but I gave it my best, and that's all that I could ask for. And even if they don't offer me the job, the day wasn't a waste. I learned a lot about what to expect from future interviews.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good Job!