Thursday, January 24, 2008

Loyalty

I think that one of the greatest and worst characteristic a person can have is loyalty. On the good end you stick it out no matter what. And on the bad end you're still sticking it out even if you should have jumped ship long ago.

I am extremely loyal, loyal to a fault. When someone gets into the 'Inner Circle,' they are in. I will stand by them and do anything for them. If they need help, I do everything in my power for them. Even if I haven't talked to this person in months or years, the minute they need me I'm there. I also stand up for them. If someone is bad mouthing, or even threatening physical violence against them, I'd be the first one to go to bat for them.

Now it is pretty hard to get into the 'Inner Circle,' but it's next to impossible to get out. I've found on a couple of occasions (almost entirely involving girls) that I should have jumped ship. It seems that there are some people that have made it to the 'Inner Circle' that just aren't good for me, and bring me down. But for some reason I have this adamant loyalty that won't let me, let them go. Most recently there's this girl that's on a self destructive path, and is trying to pull me down with her. I know I should just cut my losses, but I can't. No matter how hard I try, or how mean she gets, I can't stop trying to help her. It just tares me up when I do. Right now I'm trying the whole ignore thing, but that doesn't work cause it just makes me think even more of how can I help.

It's just part of my nature I guess. But man o' man it sure can get me into a lot of trouble.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You need to get some more girls into your "inner circle" and it will get so full, she'll just fall out.