Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Academy Update

I have come upon a slight snag in my plans, but luckily it's not my fault. It's UVU's fault, because they're retarded. I found out that I couldn't pay the tuition for the academy because I'm apparently not a student at UVU. Which doesn't make sense because I have a Student I.D. number. And I was pretty sure that they only gave those out to students of the school. Luckily my instructor understands that it's not my fault and said that they would get things cleared up as soon as possible, and that I need to be coming to class, since it's not my fault and I've done everything that I was supposed to do. Oh well.

On the bright side of things, I have started classes and they are going really well. Today I had my first physical training assessment. I was very pleased with how it went. I did have a cold, and was pretty tired, but here are the results.

Vertical Jump: 22 & 1/2 inches, requirement - 17 % 1/2 inches. Funny thing about this is that I was a jumper in high school, and wasn't to worried. But they tell you this special way of jumping that they want you to do. And I just kinda walked over to it and jumped, and got 18.5 inches. I started to walk a way but the instructor was like Good job, now come back here and do it the right way. I did and got the better height.

Push ups: 25, requirement 20. They're military style press, and the hard part is you can't stop at all, or readjust, to do so means you're done.

Sit ups: 32 in a minute, requirement 25, or 28 in a minute I can't remember. I would have gotten a lot higher, but several didn't count. They require that your hands be covering your ears, unfortunately my hands are freaking huge and they covered my ears, while also being interlocked behind my head. That was apparently unacceptable.

300 meter sprint: 51.5 seconds, requirement 64 seconds. That felt good.

1.5 mile run: 17 minutes, requirement 15 minutes. Yeah I didn't pass that one, but it was immediately after the 300 meter sprint, and I have a cold. But I'm not worried, I have 9 months to shave 2 minutes off.

All in all it was a pretty good day.

No comments: