Friday, September 26, 2008

Are There To Many Laws, or To Many Stupid People?

So the Academy is still going really well. I had my first test just last week. I got a 96% on it. I'm learning a lot, mostly about the law. It turns out that I will never be able to learn all the law has to offer. Mostly because there are like 400 changes made to the law every year. When I first heard this I thought that was just plain crazy, but after learning more about how our system of government is set up it kinda makes sense. Apparently anything is only a crime if it's written down as law. Which means that for every horrible thing that is in the law, somebody had to do it, and get away with it before it became a law. That actually pissed me off to think that a criminal could get away with a heinous act just because it wasn't written as a crime. I just hope that the law can keep up with technology, so that the next wave of crazies don't get away with to much.

Speaking of things that piss me off... I found out today that my roommate didn't pay his share of the electric bill, again! Not only was he reminded to get it done several times, the bill was on the fridge in plain sight the entire month, and he still didn't take care of it. What's even more infuriating then that is the fact that at the beginning of the month he was complaining he didn't have the money for the $16 bill, but he some how comes up with the money to buy a $100 air compressor. What the crap? I couldn't even talk to him about it today. If I had tried, I know I would have blown my top. There just isn't any excuse for that kind of irresponsibility. I mean I don't really care what someone does with their money, just so long as they take care of the things that will adversely effect me first. Not go spend it on some frivolous thing.

2 comments:

~ Amy said...

Too many stupid people.

jjp said...

You know what I would do? I would have Drew come over in full uniform and have a little heart to heart with him about the importance of paying his share of the bills up front. And, to make sure he understood if he didn't that he would be back to "talk" to him again. Just a big brother looking out for his sibling. Also, I would let him know that if he doesn't straighten up you are going to call BYU and let them know he isn't paying his bills. He had to sign a form that basically says he will conform to BYU standards -- that includes being honest -- if he's not paying his bills, he is not living the standards he agreed to and he could be tossed out on his behind. That's what I would do. By the way, this is Mom, not John.