Monday, February 25, 2008

The Differences Between Men and Women

I'll just put a disclaimer at the beginning of this. Some of you may get offended by what I have to say. I won't apologise for it. Just understand that this is my opinion and I'm just telling you how I see the world. I also understand that there is an exception to every rule.

There are three main differences between men and women. First and largest difference is emotional stability. Second is their ability to resolve conflicts. And last of all is their basic way of thinking.

1. Emotional Stability covers a wide range of topics and in part has a baring on the other differences between the sexes. A mans emotional responses are easy to follow. He's happy. Something happens, he's sad. Something else happens, he gets angry. There are steps that he goes through, and it's pretty easy to know where he is, and where it might lead to. A man also likes order/stability. He usually won't jump into the middle of things without knowing what's going on, or what he risks by going in. A man will not ask another man what's wrong with his life and how can he help. A man is either told or he's not that's enough for the man. Women are vastly more complicated. I have a very hard time understanding women. And most of the time, I am completely lost. Because women thrive on drama. Their entire life revolves around drama. Whether it's freaking out about what to wear or getting involved in everyone else's problems. Not only that, but it's next to impossible to gauge a woman's mood. One minute they can be as happy as a clam, the very next second without any known difference they are ready to take somebodies head off. Not only is there no telling what caused the problem, they won't tell you what the problem is because for some apparent reason you should already know what the problem is.

2. Resolving Conflicts. Men seem to be a lot more straight forward then women. In friendships, intimate relationships, or in arguments. A man doesn't need to ask another man if they're friends. A man doesn't need to be consistently reminded that he's hansom, or told daily that she's happy being with him. Man is simplest when it comes to someone that they don't like. Everyone including the two in the fight know that they don't like each other. And if it comes to fists, they do the deed and then leave each other be. Women are a lot more round about when it comes to these types of things. Women seem to need to be constantly reminded about how much you like them, or how pretty they are, or how you are feeling. The real kicker is when they're in an argument with someone. Sometimes you can't even tell. They don't look mad or act mad. But eventually you say/do something, and they explode. It's usually something super insignificant, like putting your feet on the couch. And it's never about putting your feet up, it's about something that happened two weeks ago, that you should have known about and done something about, but you didn't even know. And they sure as hell won't tell you. My personal favorite (the ones I'm not involved in) is when girls are fighting other girls. They will be your best friend to your face, but will be planning all along to stab you in the back. Here's a true story. A girl I know (we'll call her Starla) was dumped by her boyfriend, for another girl (we'll call her Marla). Marla needed a job, and went to Starla's place of work to see about getting a job there. Starla knew that she had been dumped for Marla, and decided to help Marla get the job, and be all buddy-buddy with her. From the moment Marla got the job, Starla did everything in her power to make Marla's life a living hell, and to get her fired. Not to Marla's face mind you, but by talking to co-workers and bosses. Does that sound like something a man would do? I can't fathom the thought process you would need to go through to do that.

3. Basic ways of thinking. Like I said before, men are pretty straight forward. And that also translates to how they think. If I do this and this, then this will happen. A + B = C. Pretty simple, everyone can follow it, and it gets the job done. Women quite often jump out of left field. A + B = 11. Where the hell did that come from? Here's a situation out of the Utah dating arena. Man goes up to woman and asks her on a date. Man thinks, "you're cute." Woman thinks, "holy crap he wants to get married!" If I even began to try and comprehend that thought process, I would have a massive brain aneurysm and die. I just don't understand it. Things like this happen all the time. Something a man thinks is simple, or easily followed. A woman will blow it out of proportion, or bring something to the table that has very little or nothing to do with what the man thinks.

Men and women are vastly different. Sometimes I think all women are just plain crazy, but I suppose since men and women do compliment each other that's just how it's supposed to be. I just wish that I could understand sometimes.

4 comments:

Tara said...

You obviously need a bigger pool of women to draw from. Sounds like all the women you know ARE crazy if that's how they act. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

you're a moron. learn how to spell. you said men don't need to be reminded that they are hansom- they don't need to be told they are a way of transporation? if you can't even spell, I can imagine you wouldn't understand something so complex as a woman.

KayStar said...

like tara said, you need a bigger pool of women before you come up with assume all of that stuff about women. to be honest... drew is way more complex than I am. some women are easy going. you need to get to know one of us. and you are not a moron, like anonmous said. but I think men are complex.

Tommy said...

Wow! That's a little rough anonymous. I didn't realize that only people who know how to spell are intelligent. Maybe I should just stop expressing myself altogether. But then again, I don't even know you, and I really don't care, but thanks for reading my blog.