Friday, May 08, 2009

Something to Think About

Lately I've had quite a few things on my mind. Problems that I've had that it seemed no matter what I did, I couldn't solve them. Many times have I heard that you should read the scriptures to find answers to your problems. I didn't believe it, how could the scriptures really truly have specific answers for me? This evening however I was reading in my scriptures, and one particular verse stuck out to me 2 Nephi 1:20 - "And he hath said that: Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; but inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence."

I haven't been doing real well in the area of doing what I'm supposed to. I read this and it was kind of like a light went off in my head. Hey! Maybe you should be striving more to do what you're supposed to. Now I won't begin to think that all my problems will just vanish if I get my act together, but maybe it will be a little easier to deal with. I don't know, I should be doing it no matter what the case may be.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just know that the Lord's promises can be counted on. This life is our chance to prove to Him that we will do all that He asks. He will never let us down, but we do have to figure some things our for ourselves. As long as we are trying to do what he asks, He will be there to guide us and encourage us.