Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Competition

Everything is a competition. Specifically Alex is really pushing me to exercise and workout. Our first competition is to see who gets a better mile time. As I mentioned in an earlier post, she's got a good minute ahead of me. I'm pretty confident that I have a more strenuous routine then her (mostly due to the academy), and I know I can cut my time by quite a bit. The question is how much will she be able to cut? I believe we'll be re-timing in a month to see how it's going.

The newest competition that's brewing is who can tone up the most. Now not everything has been set out yet, but the general idea is that we get this workout routine, P90X and go through it. It's an intense 90 day workout, that's supposed to bring insane results. Everyone swears by it (including Alex). So when we start, we're going to take a bunch of measurements, and then at the end of the 90 days, see who improves the most. Neither of us have started it yet, and I at least won't be able to start until December, but it's just one more thing that's been cooked up for us to compete against each other.

I can't say whether it's a good thing or a bad thing to be so competitive, but it certainly makes things more interesting. And makes me want to work just that little bit harder.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Competition isn't a bad thing, so long as it isn't the only thing. Look at John and Tara and how often they are playing games -- a form of competition. But, they do other things together too. Maybe you ought to suggest some reading materials you could read together or separately and then discuss. She's a BYU girl, right? Maybe you could suggest that she be on the look out for tickets to plays, concerts, and performances that you could go to together. Things to broaden the base of your friendship.