Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Insurance Is A Scam!

I have to re-register my car this month. Unfortunately to pass my safety and emissions I have to replace my windshield because there's a huge crack across it. I go over to Techna Glass and want to do it through my insurance, since I have full coverage. I'm in there getting things set up and we get a hold of the insurance company and go through all the steps. When wouldn't you know it since I have a $500 deductible, and haven't paid anything, and the new windshield costs only like $300, they aren't going to pay it. Talk about pissing me off.

Basically what they are saying is that even though I haven't ever had a claim, and have full coverage, they're going to keep all the money I've already paid, but not pay for this. Doesn't that sound like a scam to anyone else? Why am I paying all this money for years, without ever taking anything back, if when I need it, they won't do anything for me? I have to have my windshield replaced because I have to re-register my car. I don't have $300, I wanted to for once use the insurance that I'm paying for. But no, that's just not going to happen. All the insurance company is good for is taking my money. They should be drawn and quartered.

And I have no idea what I'm going to do.

2 comments:

jjp said...

$300 sounds like a lot for a windshield. We did one 2 years ago, and paid $200 or something like that, on a minivan windshield. Have you shopped around? I can't remember the name of the place at the moment, but they ended up coming to us to replace the windshield...

Tommy said...

No I haven't shopped around. That was the price that Techna Galss was going to charge the insurance company. The cash price is about half of that. But it still pisses me off that the insurance wouldn't cover it.