Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Mile and a Half Run

Today for PT the Instructor decided to see where we were at compared to our first PT test. I had already passed everything except the mile and a half. When I ran it today, I shaved about 4 minutes off my time. I got it down to 13.04 minutes! I'm pretty happy with that. We do have another 3 weeks till the final testing, and if I can take a few more seconds off my time great, but I would also be just fine with keeping it at what I am. I was surprised when I finished at just how well I did. While I was running I though I was doing pretty poorly. I was out of breath and just whooped, but I guess pushing yourself really makes a difference.

On a side note, I haven't raced Alex in the mile yet. She was pretty quick to point out that I've now gotten it down to about where she was when we first ran. So it looks like it will be a pretty interesting race.

No comments: