Monday, October 13, 2008

Dinner, Apple Beer, Rock Band, and An Awesome Movie!

Earlier in the evening on Saturday, I had a dinner engagement with my former roommate Chris Wilson and his wife Jen. It was pretty informal, just kind of a random thing we bumped into each other in the parking lot and realized that we lived in the same complex. So he invited me over for dinner. It was delicious, Jen is a fantastic cook. They said I didn't need to bring anything but I thought it would be nice, and that I really should. I wanted to bring over some apple cider. I almost got up the stairs from my apartment with the gallon of cider in my hand, when I tripped. The container goes flying out of my hand, and busts all over the stairs! I was ticked, only I could be that clumsy. I only had to get the thing like 200ft and I'd be good, but it just wasn't going to happen for me. I was able to save some of it, but it left a gigantic mess on the stairs and the front porch.
Late Saturday night (not really it just seemed late, because it was dark and way to freaking cold out) I met up with Alex and we went on a little adventure. We needed Apple Beer. It didn't take to long to find, just two gas stations, and the creamery to get it, but get it we did. Unfortunately it wasn't already cooled, so we couldn't drink it right away. While it was cooling we played Rock Band! It is a pretty awesome game. The idea is you assemble a band, (singer, guitar, bass, and drums) and you "play" songs. It's a ton of fun, and I highly recommend it. The drums are kinda hard to get used to, but the other instruments are pretty easy to get the hang of, and you can play with up to 4 other people which makes it even more fun.
We played for awhile, had a few apple beers, then eventually got pooped out, and decided to go to my apartment to watch a movie. Our choice was the newer Superman. I really like that movie, and hope that they make another in the same fashion. I don't know specifically what it is I like about the movie I just do. It's just one of those movies that sticks with me. But by the time the movie was over, it really was late, and so we braved the cold and I took her home. The end of a very nice night.

No comments: